How to do good, better.
Citadel offers specialised advice and services to individuals who are looking for strategic guidance and planning in the giving of their wealth. While spontaneous and ad hoc charity is important, we believe that a more structured approach is necessary to create sustainable long-term change.
The Citadel Philanthropy Foundation
The Citadel Philanthropy Foundation (CPF) is the first donor-advised fund of its kind in South Africa. It enables individuals and corporates to donate money to the foundation, and make recommendations on how that money is invested and distributed. It is effectively a collective foundation (one foundation with many sub-accounts).
As a donor you will be able to personalise your account (e.g. The Nhlati Family Foundation) and, if desired, make grants in your account’s name.
The CPF is a good alternative to a private foundation. It offers all the benefits, but with lower associated costs and zero administration. Donations to the CPF are immediately eligible for tax benefits; the foundation also facilitates all tax incentives and B-BBEE points.
- Facilitation, funding plans, and advice
- Private foundation setup, registration, and tax exemption applications
- Bank and investment accounts
- Foundation administration, accounting and reporting
- Corporate socio-economic development structuring
- Capital management
- Beneficiary due diligence, confidential reviews, and grant administration
- Networking, information sharing, and bequest administration
The Citadel Philanthropy Foundation Trust is a registered public benefit organisation in terms of the Income Tax Act (PBO registration number 930 042 339).